Pilates Weekend in France
During this weekend, you will enjoy practicing Pilates, which has many benefits to improve your daily life. It helps strengthen your deep muscles and improve your posture. On the long term, your figure is refined and becomes more sporty, your posture is straight and gives you an elegant look and the strengthening of your back muscles makes you forget your back pain.
- Price : 130e per person (4 peoples minimum) 90e per additional person, up to 6 people max per group
- For single, couple or three people contact us.
- Cancellation policy : 15 days before arrival 100 Refunded, 14 before arrival 100% of the full amont not refunded.
Next stays : start from April 2022, on demand you can contact us for more information
Meet the instructors
- 2 nights accommodation
- About 1 hour of Pilates on Saturday and Sunday morning
- Quality accommodation on a guest house from the 18th century
- Tips for visiting the region and the restaurants around Saumur
- Access to the swimming pool in the off-season
- Daily healthy breakfasts
Unlike yoga, Pilates is primarily aimed at the body and is more of a physical activity than a philosophy of life. This discipline is gentle gymnastics inspired by yoga.
Compared to yoga, Pilates is a very recent discipline, since it was only “invented” around the 1920s by a sports enthusiast and the human body: Joseph Pilates. As a matter of fact, it was the stretching of wild animals as well as the gestures of great sportsmen (associated with yoga) that inspired the creator of this sporting activity.
This method mainly offers deep bodybuilding, better natural position, physical harmony and better joint mobility to draw the body. Typically, it is for anyone who wants to slim down and strengthen different parts of the body (especially the abdominals and back).
The goal is to exercise the deep muscles, relax the joints and adopt good postures. The practice takes place by performing several sets of exercises interspersed with breaks, which allow you to take stock of the posture, to readjust if necessary. The correct positioning of the pelvis and the spine is indeed at the heart of every session. These cuts also make it possible to verify that it is indeed the deep muscles that are working. Therefore, Pilates provides greater flexibility, greater awareness of the body, and reduces muscle tension.
The most important principle of this discipline is breathing. In fact, the work of breathing takes up a lot of space in the gentle Pilates gym. For Joseph Pilates, humans breathe poorly and therefore the human body functions poorly because of breathing. Indeed, we adopt bad postures in our daily life because we do not breathe in the right way, and Pilates allows you to relearn how to breathe well.
This practice has many benefits to improve your daily life. It helps strengthen your deep muscles and improve your posture. Your figure is refined and becomes more sporty, your posture is straight and gives you an elegant look and the strengthening of your back muscles makes you forget your back pain. Strengthening your spine and core muscles will eliminate the risk of injury and allow you to better withstand all the shocks and impacts you encounter in your daily life.
Charline and Fanny will be happy to introduce you to this discipline.
- Welcome and presentation of the place and the region
- 10:30-11:30 Pilates session adapted to the group’s needs
- Noon : Free time. Our host is available to advise you about restaurants and places to visit in the Saumur region, in particular places conducive to relaxation such as the Abbey of Fontevraud, Montreuil belay, Chateau of Saumur…
- 08:00 Breakfast
- 10:30-11:30 Pilates session
- 13:00 Departure